Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, February 1st


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

- 1 - Well, this has been another quick week.  At work on Wednesday it was all of a sudden 3:30!  Now, I know - time goes by just as quickly (or slowly for that matter) every day - but it was a full day!  It even ended in a outdoor run (which ended about 15 or so minutes before the Heavens opened up and we got the rain storm we were promised).  It was raining late, late into the night!  Overall, I really love my job - and it's awesome when the days go so quickly because that means there's lots to do!

- 2 - MG posted this story yesterday on FB and I couldn't help but laugh out loud (literally) when I was reading it.  If you read about this decades-long, international game of tag, I promise you won't be disappointed!

The guys themselves!
- 3 - The other night I had coffee with a friend and we really talked about our friendship, something like Rachel would have done in her book, MWF Seeks BFF (excellent read, worth the buy on Amazon).  It's been a rough couple of months for us, mainly because of my perceptions of the situation.  I have this strange view of marriage in my mind that there's no time for friends, but she sees our relationship as more important, which is awesome.  I'm just having some hard time adjusting, which I think can be contributed to some deeper issues within me - hopefully I can figure out a way to articulate those next week in Spiritual Direction.

- 4 - I can't believe it's February already!  I admit that I'm writing this before I leave on Thursday morning, so it's not actually February yet, but...still.  Time seems to be flying!  Youth Ministry is going well at Church, and just 4 more events before I remove myself completely.  I don't think Sister can fully run the program until I'm not there anymore.  So Ultra Run this weekend, Superbowl Party, Stations Script re-write, and finally the Famine.  Then we've just got to see where it goes!

- 5 - My Waffle Maker is my new kitchen BFF.  I've been making little pizza crusts in it and it's so convenient!  Cooks faster than in the oven, makes them super crunchy, and now I have a lot of squares (or more triangles in my maker's case) to use to make mini-pizzas at work.  I'm taking stuff for them today (Thursday) for snack, maybe some more details later!  Check out my new foods (take #5) from last week!

...Off to Work, see you later...

- 6 - Ironic Catholic just posted this story and I am a little taken aback by the Pastor's remarks. I believe this to be one of the reasons why Christians are seen as hypocrites by non-Christians.  If this waiter wasn't already a Christian, this Pastor has done nothing to evangelize or show the message of Christ.  Not that it is our duty at every moment to 'save' non-Christians from Hell, but a little bit it is.  We are called to be true witnesses (remember that 8th Commandment?  Thou shalt not bear false witness).  All Christians are an example to the world of Christ - especially when we ascribe ourselves as a Pastor.  Finally, if you want to be stingy with the tip, fine - that's your business - BUT you cannot blame it on your tithe to the Lord!  They are not asking for 18% of your annual salary, just the check - for giving you excellent service.  If you got crappy service, give a small tip (when you're in the service industry, that's what happens) - but don't use God as an excuse for your small tip!  I'm sure if Jesus was sitting at your table He would have given an appropriate tip.  Pastor, next time...WWJT (What Would Jesus Tip)?

and

- 7 - Someone posted this blog on their facebook page on Thursday and, well, all I can say, is YES, that definitely describes me.  Exactly what I needed before I had that touch conversation with a friend the other night.  Now that I see that it's not just me, it's easier to work on.  Not sure if that makes sense, but there are times when I think I'm the only one with these problems (which is an issue of self-concern).  Knowing that someone else is struggling, helps me to see a possible solution!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti