Skip to main content

Answer Me This ... August 3

Decided to join in the internet's favorite cocktail party with Kendra over at Catholic All Year ... I've been reading her for weeks and am loving it, so as I slide back into regular posts, this seems like a great way to dive in!  Plus her questions are great, random, and always have fabulous answers!

1. When driving, are you more likely to listen to the radio, to CDs or an iPod, or nothing at all?


In the car, I am listening to one of three things - NPR (many driveway moments for this gal), The Catholic Guy on my Sirius/XM App, or the one Mumford & Sons CD my friend Katie gave me a few years ago (which isn't on my iTunes app because I always forget to bring it in the house!).

2. Do you prefer window or aisle?


I prefer the aisle, or the window - or really no one beside me.  If I had to choose (which is the nature of this question), I'd have to say I usually go with the window.  This way I have a wall to my side to lean on and sleep if I want to and I won't get hit by the cart or people as they go up and down the aisle.

3. Do you fall asleep on your side, back, or stomach? What position are you in when you wake up?


I fall asleep in my stomach/side every night - I try to 'learn' to sleep in my back pretty frequently, but it is always a no-go.  I always wake up on my stomach.  This was not always the case, apparently as a child, I was a very violent, but sound, sleeper!

4. When is the last time you attended a zoo, circus, carnival, county fair, or parade?


Zoo - when I volunteered in Washington, DC during the summer of 2006.  Circus, um... Carnival, if SonFest at our local parish counts Summer of 2013.  Country Fair - since living in St. Marys - maybe 2003.  Parade - well I was the subject of many ... you can read about that here!

5. Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying?


There are many, many - but one of my favorites is "Be who God created you to be, and you'll set the world on fire." -Saint Catherine of Sienna.  I once wrote a month of great quotes ... dive into the worm hole here.

And Kendra had the same favorite quote this week and made the cutest picture ... so I'm going to put it up so I can save it! (different wording - but translations are always crazy)



6. What's the best thing about summer?


The beach!!!  (sunburns are the worst ... and I still haven't figured out how to avoid them - why can I not remember to wear sunscreen?)




Check out the rest of the bloggers and their answers over at Catholic All Year!

Comments

  1. I thought I would stop by your blog since you stopped by mine (Hi!). I avoid sunburns by avoiding outside. You should try that. Hard to bring the beach in your living room though. That gets sand everywhere. Nice to meet you, Katie with a K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Catie with a C! If only there was a place to be inside and at the beach to avoid a sun burn that wasn't such a mess!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online
Dating some time ago (link) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!




When Others Despise You

In general I appreciate when people like me, as I think most people do. For me, it's really hard when people dislike me, even if I don't have to be around them all of the time. I get anxious thinking about the next time we will be in the same location and if I'll be able to just kindly avoid them or if there will be an awkward confrontation. There's a line in scripture about how blessed we are when others despised us because they hated Him first. Him, being Jesus, of course.

But is that always the case? Am I applying a section of scripture to a situation to which it has no relationship? Am I using a passage of scripture to make myself feel better about the actions that I'm going to take, to justify it to myself and others? Am I manipulating the Lord's words to promote my own agenda in the name of the Lord?

I wonder this regarding many things. Passages like "The Lord will fulfill His promises" in relationship to my relationship status. Did He promise t…

Thoughts from A Color Run Volunteer

Well, we did it!  It's over and I'm back to my regular color.  All it took was some scrubbing in the shower and a big load of laundry!

So, how was it?  Well, we began looking like this:


and ended looking like this:


Yes - VERY pink!!!  It was awesome!

Now, the thoughts (play-by-play) of the day:

We began at 7am (actually an hour later than first expected).  When we arrived a few minutes early we went over to the Volunteer Registration tent (even though we were told to go to the color station first) and they were super disorganized.  Although they had a lot of volunteers, the check-in process was not amazing.  It's a place for some definite improvement on their part!  However, it was the first time in Charlotte and the only expectations were from the volunteer coordinators who hadn't experienced the run yet, so understandable.

We got to our PINK station - the first color station, where we were assigned and found out it was BLUE!  We were given instructions (only dip into…