Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes ... August 9th


If I were to recount my 'quick takes' since the last time I linked up, you would would be here all day - so we'll just go with the past few weeks!  As I started writing again last weekend, I realized how much I really love writing and documenting my life.  I stopped blogging back in the Fall after a writer/speaker/radio show host I like said something about how blogs give everyone a place to squirt out their opinion even if they have nothing to say.  Then, I got to thinking about what I really have to say and why I write.  After my weekend with the NAS girls in Savannah I realized that I don't blog because I have something to say to you, but because I have something to say to me.  In the age of technology, writing a daily journal has because more and more difficult for me, so I became committed again to this place to write, to me, to the future Katie (and the past Katie) about what life is like.  If you enjoy, I'm happy to share!


I'm closing on a house today.  Yes - I"m buying a townhouse.  I can't even believe it.  This is so crazy, but as I was talking to MG last night, that seems to be how I roll lately.  Just ... plain ... crazy.  I think I need to redefine it and say this is the new normal so when something outlandish does happen, we have a better word!


Check out my house!


Here I come!!!


This summer I also said goodbye to my roommate of a year, Lisa.  We had a great year!

Some of the evidence is here:

We had a growing collection of our favorite looking bottles!
And some great birthday/celebration dinners around town ... here's our last get together for MG's birthday before Lisa left for Chicago.

google made us into a gif!


I also purchased a chromebook this summer and it has been such a great addition to my life.  It is probably the reason for my increased blogging, it creates those great gifs you've been seeing around when I import my pictures from my phone, and all around, a great investment for me!


I started running again this week, after a two week hiatus ... now tomorrow, my new running partner and I are running a 5K! What? Crazy again ... looking forward to it, anxious about the event.  We'll see how it goes, I don't think I'll be able to run the entire thing, but I'll definitely be able to finish.


I'm also pretty excited my friend Fr. Michael is coming to visit Charlotte this weekend.  He's living in Chapel Hill now to study Physics and UNC, so he'll be in NC (my state) for 5 years!  I'm excited about being able to visit with him more often!

See you next week - check out Jen's for some more quick takes!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from A Color Run Volunteer

Well, we did it!  It's over and I'm back to my regular color.  All it took was some scrubbing in the shower and a big load of laundry!

So, how was it?  Well, we began looking like this:


and ended looking like this:


Yes - VERY pink!!!  It was awesome!

Now, the thoughts (play-by-play) of the day:

We began at 7am (actually an hour later than first expected).  When we arrived a few minutes early we went over to the Volunteer Registration tent (even though we were told to go to the color station first) and they were super disorganized.  Although they had a lot of volunteers, the check-in process was not amazing.  It's a place for some definite improvement on their part!  However, it was the first time in Charlotte and the only expectations were from the volunteer coordinators who hadn't experienced the run yet, so understandable.

We got to our PINK station - the first color station, where we were assigned and found out it was BLUE!  We were given instructions (only dip into…

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online
Dating some time ago (link) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!




When Others Despise You

In general I appreciate when people like me, as I think most people do. For me, it's really hard when people dislike me, even if I don't have to be around them all of the time. I get anxious thinking about the next time we will be in the same location and if I'll be able to just kindly avoid them or if there will be an awkward confrontation. There's a line in scripture about how blessed we are when others despised us because they hated Him first. Him, being Jesus, of course.

But is that always the case? Am I applying a section of scripture to a situation to which it has no relationship? Am I using a passage of scripture to make myself feel better about the actions that I'm going to take, to justify it to myself and others? Am I manipulating the Lord's words to promote my own agenda in the name of the Lord?

I wonder this regarding many things. Passages like "The Lord will fulfill His promises" in relationship to my relationship status. Did He promise t…