|For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!|
- 1 - This is one of the reasons why people think that Christians are crazy people!
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Capt. Rod Farley said the women told officers the Lord had told them to walk down the street naked. (source)Unbelievable - a woman in her 20s, her mother in her 40s, with a toddler and a newborn were walking down the street in Charlotte stopping traffic. The stupid things people do 'in the name of the Lord.' We must talk to a different God each day...
- 2 - Pope Francis has had some pretty amazing quotes/tweets these past couple of weeks, check them out!
andThe church doesn't need couch-potato Catholics, it needs believers with "apostolic zeal," willing to preach the uncomfortable words of Christ, Pope Francis said."And if we annoy people" with this zeal for Christ, then "blessed be the Lord," he said in his daily morning Mass homily May 16.
"Payback with Satan is rotten as he pushes people to be loveless and selfish, finally leaving them with nothing and alone" Pope Francis said. "Satan always rips us off, always"- 3 - On Monday we had our first Fatima Procession at my parish. It was really beautiful! More than 200 people showed up to pray the Rosary, learn about the message of that month, and process with candles around the parking lot led by the statue of Our Lady of Fatima.
- 4 - This is my favorite picture taken by one of our parishioners!
- 5 - Last week at the beach was so beautiful - I really want to just pick up and move there! If all of a sudden I'm not around any more, just search the beaches and there you'll find me!
- 6 - I read this amazing article today about what Catholics need to do to improve the Church - and was really moved by it. So much so that I wrote this post this afternoon before going to kickball.
- 7 - Speaking of Kick Ball - the regular season is over and the playoffs begin next Thursday!
Head on over to Jen to check out more quick takes!