Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday - September 28th



--- 1 ---

If I could tell you the one thing I absolutely hate, it would be confrontation.  I dislike when people are upset with me or dissatisfied with a decision that I made - and I will almost always do whatever it takes to make them happy.  However, this week I went face to face, head to head with a volunteer about her continued involvement with our programming.  The answer ended up being no because of her thoughts about some of the Church's teachings (basically that someday the Church will catch up with the culture and she is a more progressive thinker because she can see people's needs and respond to them - the Church doesn't though) specifically regarding homosexuality and gay marriage.

--- 2 ---

Last Saturday I took our middle and high school students to the Diocesan Eucharistic Congress.  In the morning after the procession I had the kids explore the vendors and take tons of photos with the nuns, priests, interesting booths, and even the Pope!!!



--- 3 ---

Later, during the Teen Track we had a great time!  Check out this photo that the Catholic News Herald snapped!



--- 4 ---

This Summer I spent some serious time watching The Office - to catch up on the last 8 years!  I finished about 18 hours after Season 9, Episode 1 began - but today I got caught up again and really enjoy the antics of Jim, Pam, Dwight, Andy, Erin and the gang!  I'm looking forward to finally jumping up on this wagon 8 years later than the rest of the world!  Although I can only enjoy it for 1 year since it's not just the 9th season, it's the Final Season!

--- 5 ---

MG and I have been playing some Skip-Bo!  It's such a great game from my childhood!

Wanna know how to play?

--- 6 ---

Tomorrow Mer & I are taking both of our youth groups on a hike where we're gonna have Mass & Dinner at the top of the mountain!  I'm pretty excited for the trip - just a few kids are going, but there a really fun bunch so it should be a good time!  Also we aren't leaving until the afternoon so we don't have to take up early!!!  YEAH!

--- 7 ---

I was super glad the new seasons of TV began this week - I've enjoyed seeing new episodes of How I Met Your Mother, 2Broke Girls, The Middle, Up All Night, Go On, Guys With Kids, and a few others!  It helps to fill some of those free moments in this youth minister's life!


PLUS - My run's in just 4 weeks!!!  Oh and I think I'm getting an iPhone this week! ... more next week :)

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti