Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday - September 21st


--- 1 ---

Was SUPER excited to see Matt Maher in concert, yeah - that's right - in person!  3rd row! At a Protestant Church in Charlotte, WHAT?!  During the 'talk portion' of the night, Matt sat down with the pastor and they discussed some of the differences and misconceptions people have about the Catholic Church in general - not really specific teachings that we are different on, but the things that we are on the same page with - ie: the CREED!  We were all pretty psyched to meet him afterward too!


--- 2 ---


Santa Fe Chicken in the Crock Pot = the dinner I'm making for myself and MG tomorrow for our dinner in!  With one exception - NO BEANS! Yuck!

--- 3 ---

She doesn't know it yet, but I'm thinking we might play...

OR maybe...


LOTS of fun will be had!

--- 4 ---

In the last 2 1/2 months, 4 people have left my place of work!  The preschool director's husband got a new job in Tennessee, so she left in the beginning of July.  The music director got a better job in another parish in South Charlotte, his last day in the office was August 1st.  Now, the business administrative assistant got a new job, that she's been really hoping for, in Wilmington, DE, and is leaving on Tuesday (last day is today)! Finally, our facilities manager got a job in new home construction and his last day is next Thursday!  Goodness - we've got almost an entirely new staff beginning!

--- 5 ---

My Blog-Resolution - well, I failed pretty much.  I've been faithful to at least this weekly post (mostly because it provides a platform for exposing my blog around), but even last week I couldn't muster up the energy to do a post and then I slept over MG's house on Friday after Theology on the Vine (see take #6) so there was no hope at the end of the day.  I'm really going to start being more active so I can feel like I accomplished something this year on my Bucket List (or more realistically my things to do before 50 list).

--- 6 ---

Theology on the Vine is Fr. Miller's take on the Theology on Tap program so popular around the country.  OR even more simply put, Fr. Pat's original Going Deeper session he did at St. Mark with the High School Youth each week - a question/answer format of discussion.  No one knows the topic for the week because none is actually set and the people there direct the discussion.  So, MG and I have been 3 times now to check it out and it's been pretty great actually.  Meeting new people, having some good theological discussions, and exploring our city a little bit.  None this week because of the Eucharistic Congress (see take #7) so we'll go back next week.  Then in two weeks we have dinner plans with one of the girls from the group (yeah, a new friend) before heading downtown - excited about going to Passage to India for dinner...although I'm not sure exactly how to eat there without Meredith, so hope that goes well!

--- 7 ---

The 8th Annual Eucharistic Congress is tomorrow!  I have 26 teens (MS & HS) attending and I'm excited to have a large group!  Both the Middle & High school tracks look good and even the speakers for the Main Track look pretty interesting this year.  I'm not going tonight, but I think that will be okay - except for when I mentioned in the office and some people were SHOCKED that I wouldn't attend such a great event...I think a day off is even more important so I'M TAKING ONE!!!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti