Skip to main content

Happy Feet (& August begins...)

In just 3 short hours!  Unbelievable that August 1st is right now and I can hardly believe it!


Although time may seem to fly by - I did just watch Happy Feet for the first time.  I know what you're thinking, "Welcome to 2012 Katie - Happy Feet's been out on DVD now for just a little under six years.  You been living under a rock?"  WELL, I haven't been, but I am glad I watched - pretty much just in time for the second one to come out, although I probably have about 6 years until I'm due to watch it!  HA HA!

Another movie I want to watch (that I haven't seen) is:


I'm not even sure what this movie is actually about...although it's been out for 2 years, so maybe 2016 would be a good time for me to watch it!  But seriously, hopefully this Friday night will be a good time for MG and I to watch.  Not on Netflix and not in RedBox...so might need to rent it on amazon instant.

Finally, after a grueling day with the Missionaries of Charity, 120 little kids, 10 youth/young adults, at the pool and their house, I am READY for bed!  I even started the day at 6:30 this morning with a RUN at the gym!  I'm on the 2nd day of the 2nd week of my 5K training!  It's getting so hard...I hope that it gets a little easier as the week and weeks go on.  Tomorrow I'll be there again in the AM before working in the office, hanging with the sisters & the children, then middle school youth group!  WHAT a day already!

Two Quotes to leave you with:

* Your Christianity is measured by how well you love the people who can't stand you. (Luke 6:32)


* Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.  Corrie ten Boom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online
Dating some time ago (link) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!




When Others Despise You

In general I appreciate when people like me, as I think most people do. For me, it's really hard when people dislike me, even if I don't have to be around them all of the time. I get anxious thinking about the next time we will be in the same location and if I'll be able to just kindly avoid them or if there will be an awkward confrontation. There's a line in scripture about how blessed we are when others despised us because they hated Him first. Him, being Jesus, of course.

But is that always the case? Am I applying a section of scripture to a situation to which it has no relationship? Am I using a passage of scripture to make myself feel better about the actions that I'm going to take, to justify it to myself and others? Am I manipulating the Lord's words to promote my own agenda in the name of the Lord?

I wonder this regarding many things. Passages like "The Lord will fulfill His promises" in relationship to my relationship status. Did He promise t…

Thoughts from A Color Run Volunteer

Well, we did it!  It's over and I'm back to my regular color.  All it took was some scrubbing in the shower and a big load of laundry!

So, how was it?  Well, we began looking like this:


and ended looking like this:


Yes - VERY pink!!!  It was awesome!

Now, the thoughts (play-by-play) of the day:

We began at 7am (actually an hour later than first expected).  When we arrived a few minutes early we went over to the Volunteer Registration tent (even though we were told to go to the color station first) and they were super disorganized.  Although they had a lot of volunteers, the check-in process was not amazing.  It's a place for some definite improvement on their part!  However, it was the first time in Charlotte and the only expectations were from the volunteer coordinators who hadn't experienced the run yet, so understandable.

We got to our PINK station - the first color station, where we were assigned and found out it was BLUE!  We were given instructions (only dip into…