Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, November 16th


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


- 1 -  Well, my first item is my new quick takes template - I was trying to create my only way in this world.  Not a super exciting take, but I'm happy to make my way in this little blog world.  I'll be adapting it over the course of the next few weeks to understand the HTML a little more.

- 2 -  Today I did a 5K - on the bike at the gym!  I'm not sure this was actually 3 miles - in 12 minutes?  Am I actually that good?  Let's be real, probably not!

straight from the gym to you
- 3 -  Operation Christmas Child occupied most of our time at youth group on Sunday evening after the big announcement.  We collected stuff, compiled boxes, and then dropped off 100 shoe boxes at the local place.  So glad this project went well, just about 2 weeks ago I had enough items for about 5 boxes - and then we also donated a HUGE box of extra toys, hygiene products, socks, and more in addition to the boxes.  So grateful for the donations from our parish - they kept coming and coming and coming!

To do your own donation: Samaritan's Purse
- 4 -  I have been cleaning and organizing my apartment these last few weeks.  I rearranged the living room on a whim last week - then had it in my head to re-do my bedroom as well.  However, I couldn't do it by myself because of the massive size of my book case / desk, combo.  So MG helped me out and we moved it 4 or 5 times and finally came up with an excellent arrangement.  It's so much better: there's better flow, I can watch TV from my bed, and it's like we added 15 square feet to the room.  I even had room on my bookshelf to put all of the books that I emptied out of my old office at Church!

- 5 -  While we were cleaning things out, I threw away a lot of stuff - and found this box that I got for Christmas a few years ago when I was at Hope House living as a resident adviser volunteer.  It was from the residents and there is a photo and hand-print from each of them.  A great memory that is now a group of photos.

one side of the 5 that are covered on the box
- 6 -  Sirius XM internet radio is the best addition to my life as of late.  I've actually been able to listen to The Catholic Guy live!  I've been enjoying the show from 5 to 7 (or a few times OnDemand).  I'm listening right now actually (well, on rewind from the player).  It's been good to have some media to listen to regularly that makes me lean toward the Catholic faith instead of too much TV which can be a problem for me.

- 7 -  My eating habits this week have been just awful and needs to get back in order so that I can fit into the new jeans I ordered last night (@ 35% off, by the way).  I also purchased some sweet slippers...to hopefully keep my feet warm in my super cold apartment!
Can't WAIT to get these in the mail!
That's all until next week!  See you all later - Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!!!  Probably no take next week since I'll be out of town - in Savannah, GA!!!!  I'll write a cute 7 Quick Thanks Friday post!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti