Imagine spending your life's energy on something (ie: getting as many people as possible into Hell with you) and then you've got someone working against you - wouldn't you want to do everything possible to keep them from succeeding?! Of course - that's what the devil is doing now.
I started a few prayer quests over the last couple of days ... and by a few, I mean probably 4 too many!
- Seeking religious communities to pray for the success of parish mission centering on the Enthronement of our homes and parish to the Sacred Heart. I literally emailed 120 communities asking them to pray for our mission.
- On Holy Thursday I began reading Fr. Michael Gaitley's book Consoling the Heart of Jesus - a book about being with Jesus, consoling His Sacred Heart. He said to St. Margaret Mary, "Behold this Heart which loves so much yet is so little loved. Do me the kindness, you at least, of making up for all their ingratitude, as far as you can."
- On Good Friday the Divine Mercy novena began and I am of course participating.
- I concluded my participation in the celebration of the Triduum - the most intense time of prayer in the Church. Without the Paschal Mystery, Christianity is nothing. If Christ did not suffer for our sins, die, and following rise from the dead - we've got nothin' - a they say! And with it - we have an entirely completed covenant with our God!
- On Easter Sunday I began praying the Prayer of Jabez for an increase in the scope of our Youth Ministry program at St. Thomas.