|For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!|
- 1 - Today is World-Wide Pray for Our Priests Day ... so I helped our Immaculata Prayer Ministry made a little bulletin board earlier this week. An excellent addition to our Narthex!
I captured some great photos of both Fr. Winslow and Fr. Kauth. I hope people like what we showcased.
- 2 - I get a smile on my face everyday when I read this blog. The other day, this was one ... and I just hope that I have a little special someone who will say that to me one morning. Let's call off today and just hang out with each other!
- 3 - Is it technically called a blog if it's on tumblr? I don't really know - although I just noticed that in my blogger compose the word tumblr doesn't come up as misspelled. Although most of the time my name does and other super common words in my vocabulary. I listen to the podcast Stuff Mom Never Told You and they are always inviting people to 'tumble with them over at their tumblr' - tumble with them? Tumble where? I just don't understand - but I saw the guy who owns the tumbling space and they just sold to Yahoo for a ridiculously large sum of cash!
- 4 - That's what I need to do - found and develop an amazing website like tumblr, yahoo, google, facebook, pinterest, youtube, etc... I might be able to pay off my student loans!
- 5 - A great big Thank You to our pastor! Father Winslow and I at our Volunteer Appreciation Event last night.
We had this photo booth where people could take funny and serious pictures - and most of the staff took their turn to get a pic with Father Winslow! Overall the event was a great time!
Tom even sang a little series of songs to entertain the crowds! It was some good clean fun!
- 6 - This evening something that I absolutely despise happened - and it's not the first time. When I said something to someone - a suggestion about putting something away. They replied, "Oh, so-and-so is already planning to do that." Then, the person proceeds to do nothing of the sort. If you don't think my suggestion is a good idea, then just say so. If you think it is, say thanks, that's a great idea. But don't proceed to tell me you were already planning to do that and then not do that! I realize that I'm being a little ridiculous. I know that I can be at times. I have a Type A personality some days and today was probably one of those days. However, it's better to just tell me that I'm being ridiculous than it is to patronize me. That drives me absolutely crazy!
- 7 - On Wednesday I drug Lisa (my new roommate) to a new Bible Study I was venturing out to and we had a fantastic time. It was at Amelie's in NoDa where they have the most delicious pastries. I had soup for their for the first time as well and it might have to become a regular thing! But anyway, back to the Lord and our Bible Study. It was so great to talk with girls who are just reading along in the Scriptures casually and want to be more prepared for Sunday Mass each week. I even made plans with one of the girls to go to the Charlotte Roller Derby game/match/tournament/whatever in August (the next time there's an event and we're both free). I think this is a beginning of a great adventure! Doing it again in in two weeks!
For more quick takes head on over to Jen and check out her friends!