Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, June 28th


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

- 1 -  I just love Pope Francis!  He is drawing me closer to the Lord every day during his homilies - like yesterday:

"They do not know how to enjoy the life that Jesus gives us because they do not know how to talk to Jesus," the pope said. Because they have no joy, they have no freedom either. They are "slaves of superficiality" or "the slaves of rigidity."  (full story)
And this picture of him is too much ... 27 days until we are in the same city, on the same beach, celebrating the same event!

 
- 2 - We played our final kickball game of the season that would never end last night!  It was with the worst team in the league, they are so rude! I really like our team...I feel like some people who I might just be friends with in the future.


- 3 - I've been dog sitting all week for these two crazy dogs: 


They are actually pretty easy to sit for, but it only solidifies how much I know I will never be a dog owner! Check out my favorites from this week to see my preferred pets!

- 4 - Yesterday was the craziest day at work and I think I know the problem. Mass has been at 12:15pm all week. I thought my preferred time but honestly when I've been going then my afternoon gets away from me. Like yesterday I didn't eat lunch until 5:30, the day before I wasn't done until 3 because of all of the things that I keep caught up into afterward. When we have it full time next month after Fr. Riehl arrives, I'm going to have to manage my time well or go back to the 8:30. Maybe the 12:15 will be good for summer, but the 8:30 will be mine once I start taking Ashelyn to school. 

- 5 - Speaking of WYD, were we? Anyway, we've received our visas! YEAH! That headache is finally over!

- 6 - 27 days from today I will be in Pope Francis' presence! I've been looking for a good Francis bio to read to get a little more acquainted with his past. Any recommendations?

- 7 - The sky was so pretty after the storm last night.


And from another angel


Go check out Jen and the gang for more quick takes! See you next week from DENVER!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti