Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday ... March 13th



Happy Friday the 13th to You! & Happy 30th Birthday to me! Well, I can't say that I'm excited to turn 30, but I can say that I'm excited it's my birthday! Yesterday we celebrated at work and our receptionist (the resident cake maker) made this for me!


It was SO delicious - Salted Caramel Latte Cake ... and each bite was like having a nice warm latte in the middle of the afternoon! It's from Annie's Eats if you want to make it!


Earlier this week I had a small revelation in prayer that I wrote about ... if you missed it check out "Simply, That's How" with a mix of me, Papa Frank, and Therese.


I'm one post away from finishing my Latin & Me series. It's been so good for me to reflect back on this journey as I'm turning 30. The Katie who turned 25 wouldn't even have thought the Katie turning 30 would be who she is now. I guess that's how it always is though, right? We cannot see into the future, we cannot know who we will become - only that we will continue to grow.


Cindy posted this article from Jason Evert in our Not Alone Series Facebook Group. It was quite interesting, particularly these paragraphs:
In the book of Tobit, the archangel Raphael declares to Tobias, regarding his future wife, “Do not be afraid, for she was destined for you from eternity. . . When Tobias heard these things, he fell in love with her and yearned deeply for her” (Tob. 6:17). 
This isn’t Hollywood; it’s the Sacred Scriptures. We know Adam was made for Eve, Sarah was destined for Tobias, Joseph was created for Mary, and so on. But how, when, and why does God choose to play the role of a heavenly match-maker? 
Obviously, only God knows the answer to this. But we know that divine providence intervenes in our lives to the extent that we make room for it. Those who walk with God often marvel at how he seems to intervene in the most providential ways in the tiniest details of life. Believers routinely speak of “divine appointments,” and other occasions where we can see God’s hand at work. (emphasis mine)
An interesting note to pray about.


Someone asked me yesterday what I was doing for my birthday - the answer? All of my favorite things! Some friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow, and I asked that they bring my favorite dish they make for dinner. I'm pretty excited! And also just excited to spend time with everyone at my place. 


Just for Fun on the 2nd Anniversary of his election ... check out these great Papa Frank Memes!


From ChurchPOP


Pictures from my 29th Birthday celebrated in the Jungle of the Congo last year!

Fr. Charles after Morning Mass

Fr. Blaise after Morning Mass

Everyone sang to me at lunch

Flowers & a Candle at my place

All of the people at the house made cards mostly in French

That's all for this week ... here's to a great beginning to my 30th year! See you later!

For more Quickity, Quick Takes, check out the gang with Kelly over at This Ain't the Lyceum!
See you next week, or stop by this week for more musings and antics!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Katie! I hope that you have a beautiful day, and wonderful year! That cake looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It tasted even better than it looked!

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday! That quote about Tobit is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

Small Changes Have a Dramatic Effect

The last time I was at the doctor I was talking about my health, which was great, and I mentioned that I wanted to make some changes to be healthier (read: smaller). I prefaced my question with something that I know to do which is to lose weight: exercise more and eat less. Dr. W confirmed it is really all about math - more calories out than in. Her advice wasn't just "eat less, exercise more." It was actually more helpful, take the next year and make a different lifestyle change every month and in a year your life will be different. I really took that to heart and when I got home, I made a list of 12 habits or lifestyle changes that I wanted to undertake. I gave myself credit for a few that I had started a while ago that were great changes that I felt made a huge difference. At the end of the year I will probably have made about 7 or 8 overall changes but some of them were steps to bigger things. They are small steps that have made a huge difference in my life. I'v