Skip to main content

Define Health of the Woman, for me - would ya?

I try not be decisive or political on this blog.  Just because I would like to keep it as a catholic girl's journey through life - the ups and downs on the roller coaster that is the single life.  I don't want to become a place where comments can become uncharitable or, quite frankly, ridiculous.  I have a bad habit of getting all hot over those situations and it drives me nuts.

However, I cannot ignore or not write about things that shouldn't even be controversial.  If we (both sides of the pro-life movement) are claiming to be 'pro-woman' and 'pro-family' and 'pro-health' then we really need to decide what that means.  We already have different definitions of words: fetus, for instance.  Some of us think that is actually a baby that is growing and developing - then there are others who believe it is a clump of cells that is actually harmful to a woman's body.

So I bring you the most ridiculous part of the pro-choice, or whatever they call themselves these days, movement. 

How one can be 'pro-woman, pro-human rights, pro-women's health, pro-family, pro-dignity' (drawtheline.org) and still be against this part of the recent Texan bill, I will never have any idea:
The new rules, as summarized by the Texas Alliance for Life, would have “increase[d] abortion facility safety standards to the level of ambulatory surgical centers to shut down Gosnell-like abortion providers in Texas,” “require[d] the 18,000 RU-486 abortions performed each year be done according to FDA safety standards,” and “require[d] physicians who perform abortions to be qualified to treat life-threatening complications after botched abortions and have privileges at a local hospital.” source
This bill fights for two basic things: clean and safe environments where the procedures occur and tacked on is a restriction on abortions after 20 weeks (viability - I have a cousin who was born at 5 1/2 months and is living and doing well - it's possible, hard, but possible).

I realize that we are not on the same page about this - the baby part, but I thought we were all for the safety and health of the woman.  I mean, that's the only really legal reason that makes sense about why abortion is even legal.  For the health of the mother! Heaven forbid we create an environment where women might have to risk their health carrying a child full-term when they could die!  That is what the fight began about, right?  Health is so loosely defined that is includes physical, mental, emotional, social, career, economical, and an unimaginable number of other things.

My point - IF your entire premise is resting on this sloppy foundation entitled 'Women's Health and Safety' then why on God's green earth are you against standards for health in the clinics???

This I will never understand - women are dying because greedy doctors don't want to splurge for bleach, clean towels, a mop, and proper hazardous waste disposal.  That's what happened with Kermit Gosnell (watch this if you want your skin to crawl and have nightmares tonight:  3801lancaster.com).  Additionally, PA stopped inspecting abortion clinics - SURGICAL PROCEDURES that will soon be defined as 'health care' by the Federal Government and covered by insurance occur there - WHY are they inspected less than McDonald's, nail salons, and Vets?

Let's get one thing straight - we will never agree about this if we cannot at least decide that a clean environment is necessary for any medical procedure to occur.  We may never agree with the definition of fetus, but for the sake of women stop blocking bills that improve the health of women, that's what you've been supposedly fighting for the last 36 years!

My rant is done - agree, don't agree - whatever, the Truth will prevail and one of us will be right and the other will be wrong and devastated that they were so blinded by Satan.  Praying I'll know what side to stand on!

Comments

  1. Amen! If we're about giving women choices, why aren't we providing them with information and support for adoption and parenting? If abortion is a good thing (or something that should be safe, legal, and rare, at any rate), why aren't we regulating clinics and making sure that women are safe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - want it covered as 'health of the woman' and with 'health insurance' make it subject to 'health regulations'

      Delete


  2. خدماتنا متميزة عن غيرنا في مجال التسريبات سربات المياه والعوزال وحل بطرق سليمة دون التدمير فعندنا في شركة ركن البيت افضل يوجد افضل الفنين الممتزين في مجال التسربات والكشف عنها بدون اي مشاكل من خلال الطاقم التي تم تدريبه في شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام فتعاملك معنا ستحصل علي خدمات متميزة

    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات بجدة
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
    شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

    شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti