Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes, Friday, January 4th


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


- 1 -  First, many prayers for Jennifer who is in the hospital with a bilateral pulmonary embolism.  They are not operating because of the complications with her pregnancy.  Offering up my suffering today for a complete healing.

- 2 - Second, speaking of woman who are pregnant!  So many around me, many prayers for them, their husbands, the kids in their family, and the unborn.  A friend in England, three here in Charlotte, one on Long Island, and a cousin back home - I think that's all!  But new news every week!  It's so exciting for them and the fact hat I am able to witness the new life coming into the world is a real treat!

- 3 - Lately I've been reading a lot of posts from Cindy's blog The Veil of Chastity and it's been really good comfort for me (the seemingly perpetual single woman).  She is dissecting Myths about the Single Life:

1. Setting the Stage2. Myth #1: Others are getting away with sin/sex is consequence free3. Myth #2 Part 1: God has forgotten about me and Myth #2 Part 2:  A Perspective on Suffering4. Myth #3Something Is Wrong With Me
I've really enjoyed reading her perspective and look forward to reading her book that is coming out soon!

- 4 - Getting back into the swing of things at work has been rough this week.  I have not wanted to be here, and need just one more weekend to 'boost' me back up!

- 5 - Today's Blessing quote is:
The first end I propose in our daily work is to do the will of God; secondly, to do it in the manner He wills it; and thirdly, to do it because it is His will.  ~St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- 6 - To help with my work-week blues I ordered Indian for lunch (and also need to stop over at the library to exchange some books).  I'm hoping my Chicken Malabar, Rice, & Naan help brighten the mood!

- 7 - Going to see Les Miserables tonight with MG, Dev, & J.  Super excited!!!

- 8 - Watch this video - you will not be disappointed!


Later Gators!

Go check out Jennifer for more quick takes at: conversiondiary.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online
Dating some time ago (link) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!




When Others Despise You

In general I appreciate when people like me, as I think most people do. For me, it's really hard when people dislike me, even if I don't have to be around them all of the time. I get anxious thinking about the next time we will be in the same location and if I'll be able to just kindly avoid them or if there will be an awkward confrontation. There's a line in scripture about how blessed we are when others despised us because they hated Him first. Him, being Jesus, of course.

But is that always the case? Am I applying a section of scripture to a situation to which it has no relationship? Am I using a passage of scripture to make myself feel better about the actions that I'm going to take, to justify it to myself and others? Am I manipulating the Lord's words to promote my own agenda in the name of the Lord?

I wonder this regarding many things. Passages like "The Lord will fulfill His promises" in relationship to my relationship status. Did He promise t…

(almost) Another Year Older

Today is the day before my 32nd birthday. Thirty-Two years alive in this world and I sit down to try to actively think about what I've done in the last year, what I've accomplished to keep my mind from being overwhelmed by what I haven't done: marriage and kids.

When I was a kid, it snowed every single year on my birthday until I moved to Charlotte almost 9 years ago. Now this year, well it's the day before, but in Charlotte that's close enough to count I wake up to the below. So many of my birthday parties were cancelled or changed when I was a kid because of a giant snowstorm.


But anyway, back to the things I've accomplished this past year. I became a godmother, again, to a young woman who came into the Church through RCIA with her father. At 17 she was baptized and confirmed at the Easter Vigil.I was promoted at work. Twice. I've been given the opportunity to develop a new product offering and am going to spend the next year implementing it at a parish ju…