Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes ... September 12th




I was looking for a dance floor on amazon.com today to purchase for our big festival and this was on my amazon homepage.  Apparently I viewed some men's sandals and now they are suggesting these other items and even these men's running shoes.  And amazon thinks I'm a coin collector.  Who's been searching in my amazon.com account?


Speaking of funny things.  The contractor for my house, Ben, called on Wednesday to tell me the floor install was going to be delayed a few days because they had to put down leveler to even out some bumps in the foundation before they glue the wood down.  This (writing on Thursday evening) morning I text him "After they put the leveler down, so I have to stay off the entire floor?  Checking if I can do something upstairs tonight?"  He says "Just where the leveler is."  So I head over to the house before work to pick up the dirty blankets that have been hanging out on my back porch. Washing them as I type this - hoping that the little bit of infected water didn't ruin anything.

Anyway, I get to the door with my mail in hand and look to see where the leveler is so I can jump over those areas.  This is what I saw!


Yeah, that dark gray area is what you think it is - LEVELER!  I texted Ben this picture and said "So I can go into the house just not walk where the leveler is, right?  Any recommendations about how to JUMP over this?"  He called saying that I might be able to walk on it if it was later tonight, etc... - but I was just amused.  Sure walk all you want, but um... you won't be able to get in - and if you did, I can't get to the Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, or even the stairs.  HaHaHa ... tomorrow all should be well - the floors are being put in and they will look amazing - and make the place look more home-like rather than demo-like.


Today at work we had a staff meeting - about 45 minutes into the meeting, Father looks out and sees that our Insurance Company and two Diocesan Representatives are walking across the courtyard.  Today was our Surprise Inspection!  And there is a list!  A list of small items that is going to be pretty long.  Oh, goodness ... the mess that fixing that is going to create...





MG and I went to the Greek Festival on Saturday and concluded our amazing meal of delicious Greek food with a look inside the Church.  How amazing!


While we were in the Church, the priest was answering questions from two gals about the differences between the Catholic faith and the Greek Orthodox tradition.  It was quite interesting.  The one thing that tripped my mind right away was the first thing he stated - regarding how Catholics aren't allowed to receive communion under the bread and the wine and therefore are not receiving the entirety of the Lord.  Although we do not receive under both species on a regular basis, we are allowed to - and even if you do not, we believe you receive the body, blood, soul, and divinity under each individual species.  Hmm...


As I think about moving back in to my new house and how I need to do laundry - I reflecting on my fears about the house in a post this past Wednesday.  If you missed it, check it out - and beware of champagne corks and toilet seats!


And last but definitely not least - have I told you about my godson and his blog (well his mamma's blog where she posts great pics with what she think Baby Shep is thinking)?  If you haven't and you like cute kids, you are missing out by not reading Little Shepherd Boy.  This week's are super cute so I will share them below to wet your taste buds and once you subscribe you won't want to miss a post!

O Praise Jesus, I'm Eleven Months Old!
What is this word, gluttony?
Dear Radio Flyer, I have both
created and filled your most
recent opening for a new
catalog model!

And ladies and gents, that is all she wrote this week ... head on over to Jen's for more amazing quick takes!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

  1. Oh wow, the iconostasis at that church is *beautiful*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are great pictures of your godson! Hilarious! Hope the construction/reconstruction issues are solved smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - yesterday morning after writing - we discovered an issue with the flooring and it all has to go back! Picked a new floor, ordered, but we are being delayed a week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti