Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, April 12th


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
- 1 - Well, apparently I gave up blogging for the 2nd half of Lent and the first two weeks of Easter!  Not really, it mostly comes from the fact that I sit at a computer all day at work and don't really want to do the same when I get home at night.  Also, not sure I always have things to say - well, that's not true, if you know me, I always have things to say, it's just that sometimes no one really wants to hear it. 

- 2 - This week began super rough, not sure what the problem was.  I had a great evening on Sunday and then an awful meeting on Monday afternoon that led to a Wine & Chocolate Whining session at a friend's house. 

- 3 - I try to refrain from being any sort of political on facebook and the blog, but something has really gotten under my skin today.  Before Lent began, I saw on GMA about the Jodi Arias and the drama that is her.  Then on Monday morning of this week, when I started watching GMA in the morning again, there she was - STILL ON TRIAL!  She admitted to doing it, everyone knows she killed him, just give her a stinking sentence already.  Rule it self-defense and then put her in jail for wasting everyone's time these last few months with ridiculous!!!

But the only reason that's really under my skin is that this case with this Gosnell guy has NO attention! Only 1.4 Million Google results while Jodi's got 108 Million Results.  And honestly the results on Kermit the frog are mostly about why the media isn't covering it!  I know that almost half of our country is Pro-Choice (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) and it's uncomfortable to think about this especially with this argument going on, but REALLY? Just give it a slight headline, recognize that it's happening, that's all I want!!!

Okay, I'm done, fret no more!  It's safe to keep reading...

- 4 - Since Google Reader is being retired, I've had to move to another RSS feed like everyone in the world and I'm happy with BlogLovin' ... I like how you can scroll through without everything becoming unread and I also enjoy reading blogs on their actual websites instead of in the reader.  I enjoy seeing how others have formatted their sites and it's much easier to comment as well as to actually see the comments!  Feedly was quickly dismissed however...I can't even write of it!

- 5 - A constant struggle of mine is regarding my future marriage - as I'm sure you've been able to tell before.  This article over at The Veil really helped me put it in perspective the other day though!  Thanks Cindy, you're a great encouragement!

- 6 - I could not stop laughing when I saw this photo that father posted on his twitter account!  You will not be disappointed when you see it, I promise!  Be sure to click!  We took a better picture this morning and have removed the "I want to kill you" look from his face!

- 7 - Last night was our first KickBall Game.  It was a ton of fun and we even won!  The score was 10 to 2, and although I didn't score any runs, I did get a few kicks in and get past first base!  After some team bonding over great burgers and beer, we are ready for next week!

Thanks to Grace for hosting Quick Takes this week!  Praying for Jen and her newest little one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online
Dating some time ago (link) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!




When Others Despise You

In general I appreciate when people like me, as I think most people do. For me, it's really hard when people dislike me, even if I don't have to be around them all of the time. I get anxious thinking about the next time we will be in the same location and if I'll be able to just kindly avoid them or if there will be an awkward confrontation. There's a line in scripture about how blessed we are when others despised us because they hated Him first. Him, being Jesus, of course.

But is that always the case? Am I applying a section of scripture to a situation to which it has no relationship? Am I using a passage of scripture to make myself feel better about the actions that I'm going to take, to justify it to myself and others? Am I manipulating the Lord's words to promote my own agenda in the name of the Lord?

I wonder this regarding many things. Passages like "The Lord will fulfill His promises" in relationship to my relationship status. Did He promise t…

Thoughts from A Color Run Volunteer

Well, we did it!  It's over and I'm back to my regular color.  All it took was some scrubbing in the shower and a big load of laundry!

So, how was it?  Well, we began looking like this:


and ended looking like this:


Yes - VERY pink!!!  It was awesome!

Now, the thoughts (play-by-play) of the day:

We began at 7am (actually an hour later than first expected).  When we arrived a few minutes early we went over to the Volunteer Registration tent (even though we were told to go to the color station first) and they were super disorganized.  Although they had a lot of volunteers, the check-in process was not amazing.  It's a place for some definite improvement on their part!  However, it was the first time in Charlotte and the only expectations were from the volunteer coordinators who hadn't experienced the run yet, so understandable.

We got to our PINK station - the first color station, where we were assigned and found out it was BLUE!  We were given instructions (only dip into…