Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, February 22nd


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
- 1 - Quick Takes are going to be super quick today!  I've been sick all week with a bit of a head-cold, so I'm dragging along - not on my game!  Doing better than Tuesday - tomorrow should be in even better shape and back to 100% on Monday for work!

- 2 - Speaking of being sick, I've never taken so many sick days - out for 2 full days this week ... really hit me hard.  Although I will say the number one thing getting me through is my...


...get yourself one, it'll change your sinus life!

- 3 - For Lent, I decided to get my time management skills under control and make sure I'm being more productive.  So, I decided to fast from watching TV (including hulu & netflix - as I don't even have cable).  It's been hard this week (especially with being home for almost 3 days sick - and the weekend to go), but I've been reading a lot and really enjoying it!

- 4 - Speaking of reading...I've been wanting to read Kathy Reichs' books because of my love for the tv show Bones.  So I've read Devil Bones, 206 Bones, and Flash and Bones already this week and am working on Déjà Dead.  This is her first book.  I'm really liking seeing more of Dr. Brennan - although the Tempe of the books and the Bones of the show are two completely different characters.  I'm tore, but I really like them both!  Two lovely leading ladies for two excellent (but completely different) story lines!


- 5 - So last week, I didn't say anything about the pope resigning - well, maybe I did, can't remember.  It's been 11 days since he resigned and 6 days until it takes effect.  It's been a strange adjustment to think about the Pope leaving his post.  It feels strange just as if my grandfather (who has passed) decided that he was done, he wants to be quiet and not be around anymore.  It feels like abandonment; although I know that he is doing what is best for the Church.  Because of his humility he sees that this is best for the Church - I understand that, it just doesn't sit well.

- 6 - As we prepare for the Conclave, go and download the Pope App to keep up-to-date on the comings and goings of the Benedict and the new pope!


- 7 - Tomorrow night I'm cooking dinner for my cousins - the two in Charlotte that I didn't know existed until a few months ago.  I'm excited to see how this goes.  Maybe the beginning of a long time friendship in addition to being long-distance cousins.

check out Jen and the others for some great quick posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti