Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday - July 20th



--- 1 ---
Okay, so I'm a few days late on my quick takes - hope y'all will cut me some slack as I was away with 9 crazy teens and 1 crazy male chaperon in Pittsburgh at Catholic Heart Work Camp for the week!  We had an amazing time, but there were definitely some great lessons to be learned!  Here we go...

--- 2 ---
First, having air conditioning is an extra-ordinary luxury that I should not take advantage of in my 'regular' life.  We stayed at Carrick High School, which like the rest of the schools in the city of Pittsburgh are A/C free.  For two major reasons - it's only really hot a little in May and September during the school year (they had snow the first week of May this year, people - more need for heat) and they are over $40 million in debt...so little money for luxuries, more money for necessities!

--- 3 ---
Second, when traveling with a bunch of teens, think twice before letting them write on the inside of your car windows.  If you do let them write, bring some sort of wipe so that they can erase and begin again!  We definitely passed some notes to other drivers - especially my male chaperon when he was following at one second instead of the recommended 4 seconds!  Took care of that one, really quick!

--- 4 ---
The HONK PLEASE on the back of the car was another story!  He listened to that one as well, but with more annoyance from me than anything else!

--- 5 ---
The Pirates are doing awesome this year!  They are in second place and I was super excited to see them on Friday night - where they won, btw!  We used to go all the time when I was a kid to Three Rivers Stadium and always had a blast.  Joe, my brother, would teach me how to keep score and we'd watch with loving admiration as they lost almost every time.  If they did actually win, it was usually one of the very few of the season!

--- 6 ---
A great photo of my group with the city skyline in the back!


--- 7 ---
Finally, taking a day or two off this week before the craziness of the Middle School Lock-In on Saturday night!!!  WHAT was I thinking when I scheduled this thing for the weekend after the Mission Trip?!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti