Skip to main content

7 Quick Takes Friday, December 28th


For More Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


- 1 -  Merry Christmas - Day 4!  I really love Christmas time.  Even the snow; although only like I've enjoyed it this week - staying inside!  It snowed like crazy on Wednesday (12 inches at least) and all I left the house for was dinner.  So today's quick takes are the things we do in the snow!

- 2 -  Nathan decided to venture out in his new coat (super warm apparently) on some cross-country skis he found in the basement.  3 miles in a little under 2 hours!


- 3 -  I decided to stay in and watch movies, Netflix & USA had some good stuff these past few days!  So, a before picture of snow - just a little bit...



and an after picture...



Poor Mary & Joseph - no room at the Inn and now they can't even see their baby 'cause he buried under the snow!

- 4 -  Dad spent the afternoon shoveling and although his pile is a little smaller than this, but you get the point!



There is a LOT of snow!

- 5 -  Mom loved her gift!  Here's the photo for your 'copying pleasure'...if you want to know exactly how, all I can say is a lot of wine corks, a wire frame from Hobby Lobby and a roll of floral wire.  Then start cutting and twisting until you get the effect you want!  I used less than a gallon zip lock bag's worth of corks.



And there's a little bouquet of blue flowers to make it a summer/spring/anytime that's not Christmas decoration as well!

- 6 -  I wouldn't say that people around here take their Christmas decorations all that seriously, but we passed this house (& and it's not even the one with the most lights, those are just pretty to look at) - this one makes you think "Where in your home do you store that the other 11 months of the year?"



Maybe they really miss the big cow and are just trying to memorialize it in some way!


you too can save the cow by joining this facebook group!

- 7 -  I pray you had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year brings a tremendous amount of joy!  Off to lunch with mom and picking out my birthday present (which is 3 months away - and so many things I want to do before I officially enter my late 20s)!

Go check out Jennifer for more quick takes at: conversiondiary.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NAS: A Day in the Life

It's 2015 and Tuesday so that means that we are back at the Not Alone Series !  A huge thanks to Jen and Morgan for hosting and for helping all of us ladies gather together to remember that we aren't broken, we aren't alone, and we are loved by God. Let's get back in the swing by sharing what our typical day is like! Tell us however you like, minute by minute or a blurb about your day! Be sure to answer these questions:  - What is your favorite part of your day? - What is your least favorite part of your day? - Are you making any changes to your daily routine now that the new year has begun? Well my typical day use to be not so typical, but then I took a huge leap and got a new job that is a lot eaiser to have a routine that is pretty set.  I am someone who loves routine, I crave stability, and although I can make changes into my routine, they have to be determined by me to stick.  So a typical day? I set my alarm to go off at 6:46am, I get out o

I Look Into my Inbox and What Did I See?

I receive the weekly notes from the Catholic Match Institute since my unsuccessful dabble in Online Dating some time ago ( link ) and today's included the face of one of my favorite priests. A man who helped me become the Catholic woman, for better or worse, that I am today. He is doing a series of five videos for CM through Advent. The first two are below ... I encourage you to watch them and stay tuned for the next three! Fr. Ananias, OSB - what an Advent treat!

NAS: Travel

How do you travel as a single lady?! Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Do you have anything fun planned for this year? Multiple times per week when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning I think about how boring my life is, how I never go anywhere. To be honest that is a complete and utter lie. I mean between July 2013 and March 2014, I hung out on four different continents - let along the time I spent traveling around the U.S. to Denver, New York City, Savannah, Orlando, and my parent's place. I'm the girl who bought a plane ticket to Africa and went into the bush all alone. (it's a great story ) Let me type that again - I went to the Congo, alone! I still can't even believe that I did that - it's the craziest thing ever ... but the most amazing experience of my life. So my off the cuff tips for traveling alone, they aren't super original, so be prepared to be underwhelmed! If you want to go somewhere, just do it - buy the ti